can layers be linked?

LITTLE Nelson nelson.little at TENIX.COM
Tue Jun 19 02:41:01 EDT 2007

Hi Guillaume,

Thanks for your reply. Unfortunately I am using Java MapScript and there is no "getLayersIndexByGroup" or similar functionality.

Thanks,
Nelson

-----Original Message-----
From: UMN MapServer Users List [mailto:MAPSERVER-USERS at LISTS.UMN.EDU] On Behalf Of Guillaume Sueur
Sent: Monday, 18 June 2007 5:24 PM
To: MAPSERVER-USERS at LISTS.UMN.EDU
Subject: Re: [UMN_MAPSERVER-USERS] can layers be linked?

Hi Nelson,

You can use the GROUP attribute for each layer, setting it to the same
value (ex : GROUP "COMPOSITE")
they'll not be linked, but you'll be able to retrieve thse layers using
the group name :
$aLayers = $pMap->getLayersIndexByGroup("COMPOSITE")
and then loop on the $aLayers array to switch then on/off

Regards,

Guillaume SUEUR

--

Guillaume SUEUR

Disclaimer :
The contents of this e-mail including any attachments are intended only
for the person or entity to which this e-mail is addressed.  If you are not,
or believe you may not be, the intended recipient, please advise the sender
immediately by return e-mail, delete this e-mail and destroy any copies.
Tenix does not warrant nor guarantee that this email communication is free
from errors, virus, interception or interference.