MyGIS Layer & shp2mysql

Robert Hollingsworth reh2 at PRODIGY.NET
Tue Jun 19 11:10:34 EDT 2007

no specific comments on your exact situation, but just to say I was warned
away from CONNECTIONTYPE mygis because its robustness is suspect.  I had
very stable results accessing MySQL thru the OGR support.   I was using the
GEOMETRY type in MySQL plus spatial indexes; when using MBRCONTAINS and
similar functions in query, performance seems quite competitive with
shapefile with shptree indexes.

Robert H.