How to use queryByShape

Wed Jun 20 11:29:47 EDT 2007

There is no lame question... ;-)

Things to check:

  - first, is the layer being queried queryable? That is, does it have a TEMPLATE set?

  - are there any possible projection issues? Search shape in a different coordinate system than the points...
  - does the search shape have a bounding box? Depending on how you built it there's a chance it may not and the bbox is used to initially select candidate shapes before the more expensive intersection computations are done. There is a method to rebuild the bbox if necessary (name escapes me though).

Steve

<c52191e30706200735v278e8355s8d41fe2f47496b0b at mail.gmail.com>, Nico Alberti