preview of map is blank in mapedit

Mevima Winn paulanne.winn at WACORP.NET
Fri Jun 22 11:04:59 EDT 2007

I've found that normally when you only return a blank image and no map, the
problem is with your mapfile.  Look it over carefully, make sure you're
pulling the proper data with the proper keywords.  It might help to post the
mapfile for some help.

-Mevima Winn

-----Original Message-----
From: UMN MapServer Users List [mailto:MAPSERVER-USERS at LISTS.UMN.EDU]On
Behalf Of Amy Keyworth
Sent: Friday, June 22, 2007 4:32 AM
To: MAPSERVER-USERS at LISTS.UMN.EDU
Subject: [UMN_MAPSERVER-USERS] preview of map is blank in mapedit

I'm new to the MapServer/Maplab world, and have spent several days
struggling to get a map to work.  We've ironed out several problems
largely dealing with pathnames, and no longer get errors when I push the
"Preview Map" button in MapEdit.  Instead I get a page with a box listing
the
layers in my map (only 2 so far), a blank space for the map, several
zoom tools, and a box for a reference map.  I cannot get the layers to
display.  I can't even get both radio buttons to stay on
simultaneously.  Without an error message I don't know where to start
looking for a solution to this problem.  Any help is appreciated.

Amy