OGR, MapInfo Tab, Arial Black font

Mike Saunt mikesaunt at GMAIL.COM
Fri Jun 29 05:43:53 EDT 2007

Hi All

I've got an issue with reading a MapInfo text layer as a standard ANNOTATION
layer in MapServer.  I use StyleItem "AUTO" which works really well for all
text objects except Arial Black.  I have an Arial Black entry in my
fonts.list (ariblk   ariblk.ttf ) along with the font in the shared fonts
directory.  I can't seem to get these text objects to render with that
font.  I've also confirmed with ogrinfo that that is the font name.

    LAYER
        NAME TextLyr
        STATUS DEFAULT
        TYPE ANNOTATION
        CONNECTIONTYPE OGR
        CONNECTION "MasterMap\Text.tab"
        MAXSCALE 4000
        STYLEITEM "AUTO"
        CLASS
        END
    END

Anyone know where I can look further?  I'm trying to avoid using separate
classes if possible...

Many thanks
Mike