Only Mapserver or not

Andre Schoonbee andresch at IWAY.NA
Thu Mar 1 02:56:26 EST 2007

I have a question?

Should I use only Mapserver or not?

As I gone through the manual (Mapserver Opensource Development) it looks
like with php development and porstgresql, I could be aqble to do prity much
everything I want to do. It would probably be able to do routing also.

Having said that, Products like Mapbender, Cameleon and Cartoweb was
developed for good reasons. But to learn them also would require additional
time.

My question is, will it be well worth it to try learning one of these
products also, because the added value will be far more that the time
spend in trying to redevelop some of their functionality.
(Re-developing the wheel situation)

What is your view on this??

Andre