queryByAttributes with Oracle Spatial

Bryn Roberts mr.bryn at GMAIL.COM
Thu Mar 8 18:26:47 EST 2007

Hi list,

I am getting errors when attempting to use the queryByAttributes function
on Oracle Spatial layers.
Everything works perfectly when the query returns more than one result or
no results, but if there is just one result returned then I see the
following error message:

Fatal error: [MapServer Error]: msDBFGetItemIndex(): Item '' not found. in
C:\ms4w\Apache\htdocs\editor\includes\kaSearch.php on line 172

Lines 171 and 172 are:
$oResultCache=$oLayer->getResult($i);
$oShape=$oLayer->getShape($oResultCache->tileindex,
$oResultCache->shapeindex);

before these lines queryByAttributes is called as follows:
$searchstring='"'.$szSearchfield.' LIKE \''.$_GET['searchstring'].'\'"';
if ($oLayer->queryByAttributes($szSearchfield, $searchstring,
MS_MULTIPLE)==MS_SUCCESS)

$szSearchfield contains the table field to search on and searchstring is
the string I am searching for.

any help on this error would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
Bryn

PS. yes I am using kamap, I posted to their mailing list first but no one
there has been able to help me!