Fwd: [UMN_MAPSERVER-USERS] Vertor PDF as data source for mapserver

a mapper mapper75 at GOOGLEMAIL.COM
Mon Mar 12 11:22:42 EDT 2007

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: a mapper <mapper75 at googlemail.com>
Date: 12.03.2007 15:36
Subject: Re: [UMN_MAPSERVER-USERS] Vertor PDF as data source for mapserver
To: Barend Köbben <kobben at itc.nl>

I've tried some tools which convert PDF  to DXF to ESRI shapefile, but the
results are not really satisfactory, because by converting, some information
is lost.
The maps are created in Adobe Illustrator and the company creating the maps
has provided me an .ai and a dwg file.
But I haven't managed to make the dwg file work as a source of map server.
How do you do this? Do you use OGR? If I run ogrinfo on the dwg file, it
tells me that it can't open it. Maybe, a special driver is needed to open
the dwg file.