[Mapbuilder-devel] Group Layer

Steven M. Ottens steven.ottens at GEODAN.NL
Tue Mar 13 07:04:00 EDT 2007

Vincent Schut wrote:
> I have not yet committed my custom legend to trunk. I might do so when
> it is more or less finished, though I think it should be more feasible
> to put it somewhere on the mapbuilder site as a legend xsl example, then
> to trunk as another legend renderer again. I think legend xsl/js files
> are typically widgets that can be changed and adapted by any user, and
> many users will have different opinions and needs about how a legend
> should look and behave. However, as an example of an advanced legend
> (ahum, if I may say so...) it might be good to post it somewhere.
> However, if other MapBuilder developers disagree with me and think the
> addition of my legend js/xsl code to trunk would be a good idea, I will
> commit it.
Hoi Vincent,

There are indeed many ways to display the legend. Since it takes some
XSL skills to modify the legend and those are not the easiest to acquire
it is indeed a good idea to commit them to trunk. Not as the default xsl
but for instance as a custom stylesheet/javascript in some demo. This
way users can compare different legend visualizations and choose or
adept the one they like most.

Steven