Antwort: [UMN_MAPSERVER-USERS] Display Lines as Points

Benedikt Rothe umn-ms at HYDROTEC.DE
Thu Mar 15 03:35:08 EDT 2007

Hi

Maybe you could use an PL/SQL-Function, which converts the lines into
multipoints.

create or replace function Line2Point(aLine mdsys.sdo_geometry) return
mdsys.sdo_geometry is
  dims integer;
begin
  if (aLine is null) then
     return null;
  end if;
  if (aLine.SDO_ELEM_INFO is null or aLine.SDO_ORDINATES is null) then
     return null;
  end if;
  dims := aLine.SDO_GTYPE / 1000;

  return MDSYS.SDO_GEOMETRY(
                        dims*1000+5, -- SDO_GTYPE: MULTIPOINT,
                        aLine.SDO_SRID,
                        NULL,        -- No Singe-Point
                    -- SDO_STARTING_OFFSET,SDO_ETYPE: Point type
,SDO_INTERPRETATION: Point cluster with n points.
                        MDSYS.SDO_ELEM_INFO_ARRAY(1,2,aLine.SDO_ORDINATES.
Count / dims),
                        aLine.SDO_ORDINATES);  -- Ticks don't change
end Line2Point;
/

create or replace view XStream as Select Line2Point(shape) shape,
name,nummer from Streams;

Than use XStream in the Layer of the Mapserver-Map-File.

Maybe you must dig a little bit in the SDO-Documentation to find correct
settings for ELEM_INFO_ARRAY.
Should be something like this.

Benedikt Rothe

UMN MapServer Users List <MAPSERVER-USERS at LISTS.UMN.EDU> schrieb am
14.03.2007 16:17:48: