WFS Server - GML3 support

Bart van den Eijnden (OSGIS) bartvde at OSGIS.NL
Thu Mar 15 13:43:09 EDT 2007

Hi,

which version of Mapserver are you running?

This was removed just after the Lausanne conference, but note it is only
removed from the GetCapabilities response. Reason is that otherwise the WFS
1.0 GetCapabilities response does not validate.

It is still in there, just not advertized, so you can still ask for
OUTPUTFORMAT=GML3 in your GetFeature request.

Best regards,
Bart

Hi again,

I wonder why my MapServer installation can't serve GML3 whereas it can
serve GML2 (according to its GetCapabilities output). GML3 is supposed
to be built-in.

Although GML3 and SFE_XMLSCHEMA are not listed in my capabilities, I
couldn't find any relevant compilation difference compared to this
server :
http://www2.dmsolutions.ca/cgi-bin/mswfs_gmap?SERVICE=WFS&VERSION=1.0.0&REQUEST=getcapabilities

Has anyone an idea of what's going on ?

Thanks.