points variable substitution

Shorthouse, David dps1 at UALBERTA.CA
Sat Mar 17 03:17:31 EDT 2007

Should have done a bit more thinking and reading. A dummy OGR Connection
does the trick:

    CONNECTIONTYPE OGR

    CONNECTION '<OGRVRTDataSource>

                        <OGRVRTLayer name="Whatever">

<SrcDataSource>ODBC:Whatever/whatever at whatever</SrcDataSource>

                                    <SrcSQL>SELECT %lng% as Longitude, %lat%
as Latitude</SrcSQL>

                                    <GeometryType>wkbPoint</GeometryType>

                                    <LayerSRS>WGS84</LayerSRS>

                                    <GeometryField
encoding="PointFromColumns" x="Longitude" y="Latitude"/>

                        </OGRVRTLayer>

                        </OGRVRTDataSource>'

David P. Shorthouse

Department of Biological Sciences