fastcgi under Mapserver MS4W environment

John Mitchell mitchelljj98 at GMAIL.COM
Mon Mar 19 07:37:37 EDT 2007

Hi,I would like to use fastcgi for the MS4W environment, and I have explored
the following link:
 http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/docs/howto/fastcgi which says the following:
<http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/docs/howto/fastcgi/#table-of-contents> FastCGI
on Win32<http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/docs/howto/fastcgi/#table-of-contents>
MS4W
Users <http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/docs/howto/fastcgi/#table-of-contents>

MS4W (MapServer for Windows) <http://www.maptools.org/ms4w/> >= version
2.2.2 contains MapServer compiled with FastCGI support. However MS4W does
not contain the required Apache module mod_fastcgi, because the module must
be compiled to work with the Apache 2.2.x series (MS4W contains Apache 2.2.4).
If you compile this please contribute it back to the MS4W mailing
list<http://lists.maptools.org/mailman/listinfo/ms4w-users>
.

It appears from above that I need module mod_fastcgi compiled.  Has anyone
done this?

 Is fast-cgi running within mapserver when setup in the following way: MS4W
setup with latest FWTools bin content copied into MS4W apache\cgi-bin. I run
mapserv -v and it says fastcgi.  Is their anything else that I have to do?

Thanks,

--
John J. Mitchell