MapServer performance

Pericles S. Nacionales naci0002 at UMN.EDU
Mon Mar 19 13:28:40 EDT 2007

antti siukola wrote:
> Hi!
>
> This might have been answered several times but here goes. I have some
> performance problems when mapserver (GD) produces map images (jpeg).
> It shows as apache takes about 80-90% of cpu time when there's just
> about a dozen users online. Are there any tips and tricks for this?
>
> Thanks in advance!
>
> Antti S
Antti,
At the bottom of MS4W's readme is a section called Installing the MS4W
MapServer Binaries in Other Environments.  Here's a link to that readme:
http://www.maptools.org/ms4w/index.phtml?page=README_INSTALL.txt

This document might be more useful to you:
http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/docs/howto/setupiis

Cheers!
-Perry