command line works, browser fails

János Gonzales janos.gonzales at GMAIL.COM
Mon Mar 19 17:18:30 EDT 2007

Hello,

I am running mapserver on Windows/Apache with the binaries from
maptools.org.   One of my layers is an ArcSDE layer.  When I run
mapserver through the command line with QUERY_STRING , like so:

mapserv.exe QUERY_STRING="map=test.map&layer=sdelayer ..."

I get the output that would normally go into an html page. If I check
the output directory I see that the image created from the SDE layer
is there.

However, when accessing mapserver via a url with the same query
string, I get a "500 internal server error".  Apache error log just
reports "Premature end of script headers" and the mapserver log
reports nothing.

My questions:
1. Does this have anything to do with setting permissions for the sde dlls?
2. Does anybody know how to see what errors are actually happening in
this case?

Thanks