mapObj.scale

Fabio Leme de Almeida fabio at GEOJA.COM.BR
Fri Mar 23 15:09:41 EDT 2007

Hello All,

I’m looking at Mapserver mapscript API.

The mapObj have a propriety called “scale”. At mapscript API manual, we have
the following:

“scale : float

The nominal map scale. A value of 25000 means 1:25000 scale.”

My question:

Supposing the map is scaled at 1:5000.  If I set initially the value to
10000, it means 1:10000 scale.

What’ll be drawn ? A Map with full extent ??

Other question:

Defining the scale with this propriety (supposing scale = 2000 and map scale
= 10000), when redraw the map, what’ll be drawn ?

Plus one more question:

Can I set the mapObj.scale value on the fly ? If I do this, what’ll occur ?

I’m using .Net C# with mapscript 4.10.0

Thank’s,

Fabio Leme

São Paulo - Brazil