Problem with zoomPoint()

Jan Ciriack janc44 at GMX.DE
Tue Mar 27 17:15:17 EDT 2007

Hi,
I am using the mapscript libraries that came with the current ms4w package.
Here is my problem:
When I use the zoomPoint method like this everything works fine:

		mapObj map = new mapObj("global.map");
		pointObj point = new pointObj(300, 150, 0, 0);

			map.zoomPoint(
					2,
					point,
					map.getWidth(),
					map.getHeight(),
					map.getExtent(),
					null);

			imageObj img = map.draw();
			img.save("worldmap.gif", map);

	}

But when put the call of zoomPoint in a separate method like this it zooms to a
different point than the one I specified.

		mapObj map = new mapObj("global.map");
		pointObj point = new pointObj(300, 150, 0, 0);

		zoomToPoint(map, point, 2);
		imageObj img = map.draw();
		img.save("worldmap.gif", map);

	}

	public static void zoomToPoint(mapObj map, pointObj point, int mode) {
		map.zoomPoint(mode, point, map.getHeight(), map.getWidth(),map.getExtent(), null);
	}

It is quite weird, isn't it? The other zooming methods work okay.
Any help more than appreciated.
Cheers,
Jan