WCS from multiple netCDF returning only background image

Norman Barker nbarker at ITTVIS.COM
Fri Mar 30 12:58:20 EDT 2007

Hi Frank, all,

I raised this as a bug report about 18 months or so ago, and put in a proposed fix, and it was put into the main code with a bit of twist, and I noticed that it didn't fix the problem with my data, thinking it was just a problem with my dataset I just continue to patch MapServer.  It might be the same problem you are seeing.

(Must add this isn't a criticism, I am not a c++ programmer, and I could never write anything as fast as mapserver, just trying to help :-) ).

Can you try this in mapresample.c (Fixed msSimpleRasterResample() so that if in raw mode it loops through all the available bands) and see if it works (it is probably horribly inefficient)

/************************************************************************/
/*                       msSimpleRasterResample()                       */
/************************************************************************/

static int
msSimpleRasterResampler( imageObj *psSrcImage, colorObj offsite,
                         imageObj *psDstImage, int *panCMap,
                         SimpleTransformer pfnTransform, void *pCBData,
                         int debug )

{
    double	*x, *y;
    int		nDstX, nDstY;
    int         *panSuccess;
    int		nDstXSize = psDstImage->width;
    int		nDstYSize = psDstImage->height;
    int		nSrcXSize = psSrcImage->width;
    int		nSrcYSize = psSrcImage->height;
    int		nFailedPoints = 0, nSetPoints = 0;
    gdImagePtr  srcImg, dstImg;

    srcImg = psSrcImage->img.gd;
    dstImg = psDstImage->img.gd;

    x = (double *) malloc( sizeof(double) * nDstXSize );
    y = (double *) malloc( sizeof(double) * nDstXSize );
    panSuccess = (int *) malloc( sizeof(int) * nDstXSize );

    int band;

    for (band =0; band < psSrcImage->format->bands; band++)
    {
        for( nDstY = 0; nDstY < nDstYSize; nDstY++ )
        {
            for( nDstX = 0; nDstX < nDstXSize; nDstX++ )
            {
                x[nDstX] = nDstX + 0.5;
                y[nDstX] = nDstY + 0.5;
            }

            pfnTransform( pCBData, nDstXSize, x, y, panSuccess );

            for( nDstX = 0; nDstX < nDstXSize; nDstX++ )
            {
                int		nSrcX, nSrcY;
                int		nValue;

                if( !panSuccess[nDstX] )
                {
                    nFailedPoints++;
                    continue;
                }

                nSrcX = (int) x[nDstX];
                nSrcY = (int) y[nDstX];

                /*
                 * We test the original floating point values to
                 * avoid errors related to asymmetric rounding around zero.
                 */
                if( x[nDstX] < 0.0 || y[nDstX] < 0.0
                    || nSrcX >= nSrcXSize || nSrcY >= nSrcYSize )
                {
                    continue;
                }

                if( MS_RENDERER_GD(psSrcImage->format) )
                {
                    if( !gdImageTrueColor(psSrcImage->img.gd) )
                    {
                        nValue = panCMap[srcImg->pixels[nSrcY][nSrcX]];

                        if( nValue == -1 )
                            continue;

                        nSetPoints++;
                        dstImg->pixels[nDstY][nDstX] = nValue;
                    }
                    else
                    {
                        int nValue = srcImg->tpixels[nSrcY][nSrcX];
                        int gd_alpha = gdTrueColorGetAlpha(nValue);

                        if( gd_alpha == 0 )
                        {
                            nSetPoints++;
                            dstImg->tpixels[nDstY][nDstX] = nValue;
                        }
                        else if( gd_alpha == 127 )
                            /* overlay is transparent, do nothing */;
                        else
                        {
                            nSetPoints++;
                            dstImg->tpixels[nDstY][nDstX] =
                                gdAlphaBlend( dstImg->tpixels[nDstY][nDstX],
                                              nValue );
                        }
                    }
                }
                else if( MS_RENDERER_RAWDATA(psSrcImage->format) )
                {
                    if( psSrcImage->format->imagemode == MS_IMAGEMODE_INT16 )
                    {
                        int	nValue;

                        nValue = psSrcImage->img.raw_16bit[
                            nSrcX + nSrcY * psSrcImage->width + band*psSrcImage->width*psSrcImage->height];

                        if( nValue == offsite.red )
                            continue;

                        nSetPoints++;
                        psDstImage->img.raw_16bit[
                            nDstX + nDstY * psDstImage->width + band*psDstImage->width*psDstImage->height] = nValue;
                    }
                    else if( psSrcImage->format->imagemode == MS_IMAGEMODE_FLOAT32)
                    {
                        float fValue;

                        fValue = psSrcImage->img.raw_float[
                            nSrcX + nSrcY * psSrcImage->width + band*psSrcImage->width*psSrcImage->height];

                        if( fValue == offsite.red )
                            continue;

                        nSetPoints++;
                        psDstImage->img.raw_float[
                            nDstX + nDstY * psDstImage->width + band*psDstImage->width*psDstImage->height] = fValue;
                    }
                    else if( psSrcImage->format->imagemode == MS_IMAGEMODE_BYTE)
                    {
                        int nValue;

                        nValue = psSrcImage->img.raw_byte[
                            nSrcX + nSrcY * psSrcImage->width + band*psSrcImage->width*psSrcImage->height];

                        if( nValue == offsite.red )
                            continue;

                        nSetPoints++;
                        psDstImage->img.raw_byte[nDstX + nDstY * psDstImage->width + band*psDstImage->width*psDstImage->height]
                            = (unsigned char) nValue;
                    }
                    else
                    {
                        assert( 0 );
                    }
                }
            }
        }
    }
    free( panSuccess );
    free( x );
    free( y );

/* -------------------------------------------------------------------- */
/*      Some debugging output.                                          */
/* -------------------------------------------------------------------- */
    if( nFailedPoints > 0 && debug )
    {
        char	szMsg[256];

        sprintf( szMsg,
                 "msSimpleRasterResampler: "
                 "%d failed to transform, %d actually set.\n",
                 nFailedPoints, nSetPoints );
        msDebug( szMsg );
    }

    return 0;