WMS GetFeatureInfo bug?

Barend K ö bben kobben at ITC.NL
Tue May 1 12:44:28 EDT 2007

When trying to issue GetFeatureInfo requests to Mapserver (4.10.0 on WinXP),
I notice some strange behaviour:

Despite requesting (and getting) INFO_FORMAT=text/plain, my requests won't
work, an exception "WMS server error: Requested layer(s) are not Queryable"
is returned. If I do specify in the map file for every CLASS in a LAYER a
"TEMPLATE" "somepath/anytemplate.html", it works, although my info is still
returned as text/plain(as requested). It even works when the template file
mentioned does not exist!

It looks like a bug, or am I missing something...?
__
Barend Köbben
International Institute for Geo-information
Sciences and Earth Observation (ITC)
PO Box 6, 7500AA Enschede (The Netherlands)
ph: +31 (0)53 4874253; fax: +31 (0)53 4874335