php mapscript - can't instantiate second newMapObj?

Ben Madin ben at REMOTEINFORMATION.COM.AU
Wed May 2 01:35:50 EDT 2007

G'day all,

we have started to see this problem in a reporting system where
depending on the report, more than one map might be generated in the
same report (using the same code again)

The first map comes out fine, and then we start building the second
one (using the same code) and instantiate the same $map = new
ms_newMapObj().

Warning: [MapServer Error]: loadSymbolSet(): Parsing error near
(SYMBOL):(line 0) in blah blah

Warning: [MapServer Error]: msCalculateScale(): Invalid image width
or height. in

Fatal error: Failed loading symbolset from /ms4w/Apache/htdocs/live/
mapserver/symbols/colour.sym in

Given that it works perfectly well in many other parts of the same
application (and this one, if there is only one map) I can only
assume it is to do with creating another mapObj

I have tried unsetting the $map object, setting it = null, etc, but I
don't seem to be able to get rid of it.

Can I reuse the class, or is it irrevocably bound up with information
from the old one.

any help on getting around this would be greatly appreciated.

cheers

Ben

(it is using ms4w 1.5.5:
MapServer Version
MapServer version 4.8.4 OUTPUT=GIF OUTPUT=PNG OUTPUT=JPEG OUTPUT=WBMP
OUTPUT=PDF OUTPUT=SWF OUTPUT=SVG SUPPORTS=PROJ SUPPORTS=FREETYPE
SUPPORTS=WMS_SERVER SUPPORTS=WMS_CLIENT SUPPORTS=WFS_SERVER
SUPPORTS=WFS_CLIENT SUPPORTS=WCS_SERVER SUPPORTS=THREADS
SUPPORTS=GEOS INPUT=JPEG INPUT=POSTGIS INPUT=OGR INPUT=GDAL
INPUT=SHAPEFILE DEBUG=MSDEBUG
PHP MapScript Version
($Revision: 1.242.2.2 $ $Date: 2006/03/16 21:03:01 $)

)

--

Ben Madin
REMOTE INFORMATION