points disappearing on zoom

anthony farrant anthony.k.farrant at GMAIL.COM
Thu May 3 09:58:47 EDT 2007

Hello Mapserver users,

I have a problem. I'm creating shapefiles dynamically and using them
with mapscript. Not only do I create the shapefile with shapefileObj
but I also create the dbf file to give it attributes.

The result is very nice until the moment I first zoom in. Then all
points in the zoom scope tend to disappear! What despair!

I'm at a loss as to what to do.

I maybe should mention an oddity: in the DBF file, created through PHP
functions, the latitude and longitude are given a precision of 1 even
though I ask a precision of 10. It is given a precision of 1 *AND* the
rest of the precision is zeroes. Could this affect Mapserver printing
the points?

Any help very welcome. Have a nice day,

Anthony