changing name for generated maps in ms_tmp directory

Malte MalteAhrens at ARCOR.DE
Wed May 9 10:06:42 EDT 2007

Hi,
I'm building a very simple, static webpage with images (200+) generetad
through mapserver. These images are not located on the same machine as they
were generated - to link the images I need mapserver to write the maps with
a predefined name (instead of
474d54c78eb892c470ef5e0959b056bb1178630666076768600.png).

Example:
3 Layers: wood.shp,water.shp,mountain.shp (defined in Mapfile)
The name of the images in the image-tmp directory created by Mapserver
should be wood.png, water.png, mountain.png, so i can reference them in my
static webpage.

Can somebody give me a hint to solve this problem? Where is the random name
generated and how to tell the mapserver to produce images with the name of
the shapefile?

with king regards,
Malte