Mapserver handling BBox in different coordinate systems

Rahkonen Jukka Jukka.Rahkonen at MMMTIKE.FI
Tue May 15 10:55:30 EDT 2007

Hi,

Both links do work for me.

-Jukka-

-----Original Message-----
From: UMN MapServer Users List on behalf of Milo van der Linden
Sent: Tue 15.5.2007 17:46
To: MAPSERVER-USERS at LISTS.UMN.EDU
Subject: [UMN_MAPSERVER-USERS] Mapserver handling BBox in different coordinate systems

Hello list,

I have a mapserver running as WMS and WFS server that supports 2
coordinate systems:

Dutch RD stelsel (EPSG:28992)  and WGS84 (EPSG: 4326)

When I call the Mapserver with the EPSG set at 28992, the map shows up
correct. When I call it with EPSG set at 4326, I get nothing but a blank
map.

This connection works:
http://webservice.nieuwekaart.nl/cgi-bin/nkn?request=getmap&version=1.1.0@SRS=epsg:28992&Layers=nk_water,nk_groen,nk_landbouw,nk_recreatie,nk_voorziening,nk_gemengd,nk_wonen,nk_verkeer,nk_lijn,nk_plan

This connection fails in that it shows only a white map..
http://webservice.nieuwekaart.nl/cgi-bin/nkn?request=getmap&version=1.1.0@SRS=epsg:4326&Layers=nk_water,nk_groen,nk_landbouw,nk_recreatie,nk_voorziening,nk_gemengd,nk_wonen,nk_verkeer,nk_lijn,nk_plan

It seems that when the map recieves boundingbox coordinates in Lat/lon
wgs84 (which are way out of the RD Stelsel bound) it returns this area
which is just a background (white) because no data is present in RD
Stelsel at that location.

My Question is;

What options are available to me?

- Copying the mapserv executable and referencing another mapfile that is
completely wgs84?
- Altering the current mapfile so it can recieve boundingbox coordinates
in wgs84 AND RD Stelsel? How?

Any suggestions are welcome

Kind regards,

Milo van der Linden