[UMN_MA PSERVER-USERS] Mutiple "DATA " lines in a single l ayer?

Fri May 18 17:07:09 EDT 2007

Jeff Dege wrote:

> We're using OpenLayers as the map viewer.  MapServer will be running in
> CGI mode, either directly or as a WMS server.  So mapscript isn't part
> of the equation.
>
> I've never looked at the  MapServer source, but I'm wondering if
> allowing DATA statements to be placed in CLASS sections would be a
> reasonable enhancement.

I not sure how that would be different from a layer then. Anyway, I'm
sure patches would be welcome for review.

LAYERs are inherently designed to define data sources and as a container
for processing that data source.

CLASSes allow you to render features of the data source in different
ways. Think of a CLASS as like a case statement, Only the first one that
is executed is processed for any given feature.

-Steve W