Newbie python MapServer question

Fawcett, David David.Fawcett at STATE.MN.US
Mon May 21 14:24:12 EDT 2007

John,

An easy way to get Python MapScript is to install FW Tools.  There is a
Linux installer.

Plus, with FWTools, you get OGR and GDAL.

David.

	-----Original Message-----
	From: UMN MapServer Users List
[mailto:MAPSERVER-USERS at LISTS.UMN.EDU] On Behalf Of Ertl, John C CIV
63134
	Sent: Monday, May 21, 2007 12:43 PM
	To: MAPSERVER-USERS at LISTS.UMN.EDU
	Subject: [UMN_MAPSERVER-USERS] Newbie python MapServer question

	The standard cry for help.  I am interested in using MapServer
with Python.   I see there are examples of Python scripts but do I need
to build Map server a special way or install a separate Python module
(import mapscript) ?   From what I understand MapServer is being used in
my office by some others using Perl but I can not get a hold of them to
find out more.   I have Python 2.4 installed on a Linux system and I use
it, but not sure how to hook into MapServer.

	Any help would be appreciated.

	Thanks,

	John Ertl
	Meteorologist