Newbie python MapServer question

Matthew Perry perrygeo at GMAIL.COM
Mon May 21 16:56:25 EDT 2007

John,

On 5/21/07, Ertl, John C CIV 63134 <john.ertl at navy.mil> wrote:
> David thanks, but It looks like FWTools is a full install of many
> things...I am not sure my systems guys would like that.  It looks like
> it has an old version of Python...I need to run a newer version. I know
> you can run more then one version but it makes things confusing.  Is
> there another way other than WFTools..

 You can get python mapscript going pretty easily if you've built
mapserver from source. Check out mapscript/python/README

 - matt

--
Matthew T. Perry
http://www.perrygeo.net

"You never change things by fighting the existing reality.
To change something, build a new model that makes
the existing model obsolete" - R. Buckminster Fuller