Accessing images using time dimension.

Dave Weaver dave.weaver at ZEN.CO.UK
Wed May 23 05:38:15 EDT 2007

http://localhost:8080/cgi-bin/mapserv?map=/home/map/fgs/www/htdocs/maps/time.map&mode=map&layers=sat

> And enable the FILTER line in the time_idx layer to select the 11:00 image,
>  I can see it. I just can't seem to get it working using a WMS request. Most
> frustrating!

Seeing as I was building mapserver from source anyway, I resorted to putting
extra debug output in mapwms.c, and  I can now see the problems.

1. msWMSApplyTime() is only applying the time if the relevant layer is ON or
DEFAULT - because my URL wasn't specifying the time_index layer in the
LAYERS= parameter, this layer was being ignored here.

2. msWMSApplyTime() seems to want both the wms_timeitem and wms_timeextent
itmes in the same layer, however the impression I got from previous replies
in this thread was that wms_timeitem was in the time_index layer, and
wms_timeextent should be in the RASTER layer.

Putting these things together, I added time_index to the LAYERS parameter of
the URL and moved the wms_timeextent and wms_timedefault items back to the
time_index layer, and now it seems to work.

Is this how it's supposed to be? Or am I making multiple errors that are
cancelling each other out?

Thanks,
Dave.