lib-gd strange error

Alessandro Pasotti ale.pas at TISCALI.IT
Thu May 31 04:42:18 EDT 2007

Hi,

I have a really strange error on a 64 bit linux where I have installed both
php_mapscript and mapserv 4.10.1 plus shp2img &C..

The error from shp2img is the following:

# shp2img -l News -m /srv/www/htdocs_ssl/maps/mapfile.map -all_debug 9
> /dev/null
gd-png:  fatal libpng error: Invalid image width
gd-png error: setjmp returns error condition
msLoadMap(): General error message. Undefined overlay
symbol "/srv/www/htdocs/images/stories/con_info.png" in class 0, style 0 of
layer News. <br>
msAddImageSymbol(): GD library error.  <br>

******* See:
https://85.18.34.128/cgi-bin/mapserv?map=/srv/www/htdocs_ssl/maps/mapfile.map&mode=map&layer=News

Now, if I draw this layer in the php_mapscript generated webgis (that reads
the same mapfile), all is ok, and I can see the icon
(/srv/www/htdocs/images/stories/con_info.png) on the map for that layer.

******* See:
http://85.18.34.128/vnlib/pmapper-dev/map.phtml?dg=News&me=1510570.0418719,5038600,1520156.9581281,5044582&language=it

I carefully checked permissions, paths etc.

"ldd" output for all the libraries and binaries involved shows that all are
using the same library:
# ldd mapserv|grep gd
        libgd.so.2 => /usr/lib64/libgd.so.2 (0x00002aaaaabc2000)

# ldd php_mapscript.so|grep gd
        libgd.so.2 => /usr/lib64/libgd.so.2 (0x00002aaaac29e000)

I really cannot understand what is happening here, and how to try debugging
this.

/srv/www/cgi-bin/mapserv -v
MapServer version 4.10.1 OUTPUT=GIF OUTPUT=PNG OUTPUT=JPEG OUTPUT=WBMP
OUTPUT=SVG SUPPORTS=PROJ SUPPORTS=FREETYPE SUPPORTS=WMS_SERVER
SUPPORTS=WMS_CLIENT SUPPORTS=WFS_SERVER SUPPORTS=WFS_CLIENT INPUT=EPPL7
INPUT=OGR INPUT=GDAL INPUT=SHAPEFILE

Any help would be highly appreciated.

Thanks.

--
Alessandro Pasotti
itOpen - "Open Solutions for the Net Age"