Strange mapscriptJNI_delete_1layerObj+0xf error killing Tomcat

Umberto Nicoletti umberto.nicoletti at GMAIL.COM
Thu May 31 10:54:39 EDT 2007

On 5/31/07, Rodrigo Del C. Andrade <rodrigo.andrade at digitro.com.br> wrote:
>      It seems to happen while rendering the a map, but not always, so it
> cant be consistently reproduced. We just query maps and it will happen
> eventually.
>      Also, "delete_1layer" is hints at the removal of a layer (duh) but we
> don't have a remove or delete layers anywhere in our code, so we suspect of
> GC problems. Could it be related to the problems Umberto describes in
>
> http://lists.umn.edu/cgi-bin/wa?A2=ind0705&L=MAPSERVER-USERS&P=R28693
> and specially
>
> http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/development/rfc/ms-rfc-24/

Rodrigo,
I am afraid it is. The good news is that we are working on rfc-24 to
resolve the issue. The bad news is that rfc-24 isn't finished yet,
although there is something done.

>     and if it is, could there be anything possible to workaround it? Full
> log attached.

I need to know more about your web application and especially about:
- the type of data you have to access (shp, oracle, etc)
- which objects are created at run time and in which order (in example
you could have defined the map properties as a set of db tables (this
seems popular these days) and then created the map by reading those
tables)

In any case, I would suggest you try to build mapserver from svn (the
svn version incorporates rfc-24). You application would be a very
useful test bed for rfc-24.
To retrieve the latest mapserver source from svn follow these simple
instructions:

http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/development/cvs/

Regards,
Umberto