SVG for symbology encoding

Mon Oct 1 14:57:06 EDT 2007

varyag wrote:
> Thanks. Will SVG(for Symbology Encoding) be supported in next versions of
> Mapserver?

I am not aware of any plans to support SVG symbol definitions in future
releases, but that may not be a bad idea (I think I also heard that
suggestion a few times before).

Perhaps you could file a enhancement ticket including sample symbol
definitions and refs to relevant spec/docs. At least that would start us
thinking about this and increase the chances of seeing SVG symbol
definitions supported in future releases. Please include me
(id=dmorissette) in the CC of the ticket if you create one.

Daniel
--
Daniel Morissette
http://www.mapgears.com/