symbols

Fawcett, David David.Fawcett at STATE.MN.US
Tue Oct 2 09:21:07 EDT 2007

There are a few examples here:

http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/docs/howto/symbologyexchange_vector

Here are a few more definitions:

  SYMBOL
    NAME 'square'
    TYPE VECTOR
    FILLED TRUE
    POINTS 0 0 1 0 1 1 0 1 0 0 END
  END

  SYMBOL
    NAME 'diamond'
    TYPE VECTOR
    FILLED TRUE
    POINTS .5 0 1 .5 .5 1 0 .5 .5 0 END
  END

There is more info here:
http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/docs/howto/cartosymbols

Arnulf has created an extensive symbol file that you can download here:
http://www.mapmedia.de/dokumente/umn_signaturen_howto/vortrag_demo.zip

The names of the symbols are in German, but on the cartosymbols page,
there are examples of the symbols with their names.

David.