GROUP parameter in a mapfile

Jacolin Yves yjacolin at FREE.FR
Fri Oct 5 03:38:42 EDT 2007

Hi Steve,

I can explain my own purpose. I am using OpenLayer, tilecache and Mapserver in
my web application process. Tilecache can create group of layers. It was
great, until I tried to export my picture map. In order to do so, I am using
a WMS request to get the same map display by OpenLayers. Or I can't use
Tilecache groups. So I changed my process and all group are now in the
mapfile, something like this:

LAYER
  NAME geosignal
  GROUP geosignal
  TYPE RASTER
    TRANSPARENCY 100
  METADATA
    "wms_title" "geosignal"
  END
END

And all the layers inside this group got the GROUP parameter.

But some group contains the same layers. Because some of our data is not
complete as we got no information in some location, I used one layer where
the extent data is complete, this is the geosignal layer, hence I have to
repeat this layer in two others groups (orthophoto for instance which the
extent is about 1/3 of geosignal).

I hope I am clear, english is not my native langage :(

Y.

--
Yves Jacolin
---