ogr tileindex with postgis?

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at POBOX.COM
Mon Oct 8 14:09:21 EDT 2007

Neil Best wrote:
> Frank, et al.,
>
> Can I use a FILTER clause in the raster layer that refers to my PostGIS
> tileindex or do I have to do the filtering in the tileindex defintion?
> If I can do it in the raster layer then which syntax to I use?
>
> FILTER "year=2005"
>
> or
> FILTER '[year]=="2005"'
>
> or
> FILTERITEM "year"
> FILTER "2005"
>
> or
> FILTER "[year]==2005"
>
> or
> FILTERITEM "year"
> FILTER (2005)
>
> I couldn't see that any of these had any effect whereas the first form
> in the tileindex defintion works beautifully.  Conceptually it would be
> convenient to filter the raster layer and keep the tileindex black magic
> in the background.

Neil,

The filter needs to be on the tileindex.  While I can see that this is
not entirely obvious, I think it would be a dangerous approach to try
and put it on the raster layer. Keep in mind that the same sort of tile
indexing can be applied with tiles of vector features in a feature layer
and then we need to differentiate between filters applied to the
tileindex, and filters applied to the actual features.

FILTER formats vary by connectiontype and there are specialized date
matching options.  I'm not too familiar with the details.

Best regards,