Looking for public-accessible SHPs to practice Tile Indexing

kreshna_iceheart at yahoo.com kreshna_iceheart at YAHOO.COM
Thu Oct 11 13:04:15 EDT 2007

I'm really interested in Tile Indexing (tile4ms)
function of MapServer, and I'm actually going to work
on adjacent SHPs.

I just wonder --is there any adjacent SHP files to
download, to practice the Tile Indexing function?

This page:
http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/docs/reference/utilityreference/tile4ms/?searchterm=Tile%20Index
mentions about TIGER Census data (which consists
adjacent SHPs, isn't it?), but when I went to the
download page, I didn't find the link (duh!).

Also, the tile4ms function only create an SHP file
that functions as "index", but in order to display the
individual data contained in each SHP (polygon, line,
etc), I still need to declare each SHP file (as
layers) in my MAP file, do I not?

Thanks & regards,
-Kresh

So be it. If saying "NO" means being alone, then to hell with love, with women, with marriage, with God, religions, bars, nightclubs, computer games, and all the shit life keeps pumping at me. I'll walk alone, but with freedom and a healed pride.