./mapserv -v gives parameteres I don`t understand

Jakob Mautberg jakob3_mautberg at WEB.DE
Wed Oct 17 04:06:42 EDT 2007

Dear list,

I have got a question.
If I write

./mapserv -v

then I get some parameters that I don`t understand.

OUTPUT=WBMP -> What does that mean? What is WBMP?
OUTPUT=SWF -> Does anybody know what this means? What is SWF?

SUPPORTS=THREADS -> What are threads?
SUPPORTS=GEOS -> Geos is used by PostGIS, but for what does Mapserver need that?

Why are INPUT=SHAPEFILE and INPUT=JPEG are listed even if INPUT=OGR and INPUT=GDAL are written?
? OGR/GDAL already mean that JPEG andShapes are implemented??? Isn`t that a "double-listing"?
Thank you very much, Jakob