RV: Don't draw GIF/PNG images on wms clients.

Manuel Ballesteros Cardador proyectos at ADROCHES.ORG
Wed Oct 17 07:42:38 EDT 2007

Thank Gilles by your response. Now, I have eliminated CONNECTIONTYPE and CONNECTION parameter of the layer to set it to default values and now wms client draw image only when I am moving the image (pan). Do you know the problem?

I have the shapefile in local path, so DATA parameter of layer point to shapefile.

If I try connect to my local wms server from qgis, it work well but don't draw the image, only when pan it.

Best regards!

-----Mensaje original-----
De: UMN MapServer Users List [mailto:MAPSERVER-USERS at LISTS.UMN.EDU] En nombre de Gilles Bassière
Enviado el: miércoles, 17 de octubre de 2007 12:20
Para: MAPSERVER-USERS at LISTS.UMN.EDU
Asunto: [UMN_MAPSERVER-USERS] [Fwd: Re: [UMN_MAPSERVER-USERS] Don't draw GIF/PNG images on wms clients.]

Hi Manuel

There's something wrong in your layer definition. If I understand your
OnlineResource parameter, you try to expose a WMS stream with URL
http://localhost/cgi-bin/mapserv.exe?, right ?
So you can't feed your layer with the same WMS, it would be client and
server of the same service.
Your connection element should point to your datasource (another WMS, a
shapefile, a postgis DB, etc.).

Regards,
Gilles

--