very large tile index

Gregor Mosheh gregor at HOSTGIS.COM
Wed Oct 17 11:46:15 EDT 2007

Ludovico Bianchini wrote:
> if I understood completely those suggestions are for raster images. I'm
> in a same trouble with a large (indexing 2500 tile) shape file index,
> generated with tile4ms. How can I "mosaic" many shape files?

Use ogrtindex (as compared to gdaltindex) in much the same way.

All of the issues described here are identical in nature: finding and
opening many files is inherently slow and should be avoided when possible.

--
Gregor Mosheh / Greg Allensworth
System Administrator, HostGIS cartographic development & hosting services

  only if you can restore." - AMANDA