FW: max size of CSV column

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at POBOX.COM
Wed Oct 17 14:40:23 EDT 2007

Charlton Purvis wrote:
>>> I have a CSV that I'm pushing through MapServer via an OGRVRTDataSource
>>> connection.  I'm running into a problem w/ when my CSV column width is
>>> huge.  Where can I bump up the max size that OGR can handle for a col
>>> size?
>>>
>>> lon,lat,val
>>> -85,23,"BIG STRING"
>>>
>>> Where "BIG STRING" may be > 12k characters.
>
> Well, it dawned on me to do an ogrinfo -al on it, and it worked fine.  So
> maybe it is a MS issue?

Charlton,

I'm not aware of problems in OGR in general or with the csv driver with large
string field values.  If there is an issue in MapServer it might be in the
expression evaluation or template substitution, but as far as I know there
isn't a problem with populating mapserver features with large attribute
(items[]) values.

I think you need to file a bug with detailed (minimal) steps to reproduce
the problem.  You can add me (userid warmerdam) as a cc if you wish.

Best regards,