Postgres filter error when gid < 10

Marc Jacquin marc.jacquin at MAGELLIUM.FR
Mon Oct 22 08:25:56 EDT 2007

Hi Map folks,

I don't know if this has been reported for current version but I encountered
it with FWTools version 1.2.2.

When filtering with CGI controls (&map_layer_filter='gid = 10') a Postgis
layer, if the gid is lower than 10 (2 digits I guess is the reason),
Mapserver returns an error with no explanation (only the output of mapserv
-v) and no error is logged in the debug file. The workaround consists in
creating a Postgres sequence starting at 10 (or alter the sequence
implicitly created with serial).

Should I file a bug ?

Marc