MS 5.x URL substitution changes - FILTER?

Randy How rhow at I3.COM
Mon Oct 22 10:09:08 EDT 2007

I'm stumped again.  For 5.x it's noted in the migration guide the CGI URL
substitutions have changed:

http://trac.osgeo.org/mapserver/browser/tags/rel-5-0-0/mapserver/MIGRATION_G
UIDE.TXT

It's the FILTER I need to override on the layer in the map file.  I'm
wondering if it's even possible anymore, or is there some other method to
achieve the same thing.

Thanks, Randy

.         Works on MapServer 4.99:

http://localhost/datadoorswebserver_25/mapserver/mapserv.exe?map=C:\_repos\.
..\product_coverage.map&mode=map&map_product_filter=product_id%3D7

.         My best attempt which fails (miserably) on 5.1:

http://localhost/DataDoorsWebServer/mapserver/mapserv.exe?

map=C:\_repos\...
\product_coverage.map&map.layer[product]=FILTER+product_id%3D7

Error: loadLayer(): Unknown identifier. Parsing error near (FILTER):(line 1)

Also tried: .&map.layer[product].FILTER=product_id%3D7

Error: loadLayer(): Unknown identifier. Parsing error near
(product_id=7):(line 1)

.         For grins I got this to work, with the FILTER commented-out in the
map file:

http://localhost/DataDoorsWebServer/mapserver/mapserv.exe?map=C:\_repos\...\
product_coverage.map&map.layer[product].class[0].style[0]=OUTLINECOLOR+255+2
55+0

.         Below is the map layer:

LAYER

  NAME "product"

  CONNECTIONTYPE postgis

  CONNECTION "user=u password=p dbname=db host=x.x.x.x"

  DATA "geometry from vw_product_coverage using unique geometry"

  FILTER "product_id=0"

  FILTERITEM "product_id"

  STATUS DEFAULT

  TYPE POLYGON