FW: [UMN_MAPSERVER-USERS] MapServer as WMS Client for Microsoft Virtual Earth Raster Layer

Barend K ö bben kobben at ITC.NL
Mon Oct 22 11:16:32 EDT 2007

True. The way to go, I think, is use a multi-datasource client that can be a
client to both proprietary services such as Google Maps and Virtual Earth
(or Mapserver 'native')  and to Open Standards compliant services like WMS
and WFS (So also Mapserver in WMS and WFS 'mode').

OpenLayers of course is the prime example of that: http://openlayers.org

__
Barend Köbben
International Institute for Geo-information
Sciences and Earth Observation (ITC)
PO Box 6, 7500AA Enschede (The Netherlands)
ph: +31 (0)53 4874253; fax: +31 (0)53 4874335

------ End of Forwarded Message