wfs server and encoding

Wed Oct 24 14:54:00 EDT 2007

Eric Lemoine wrote:

> I have some data that is served by MapServer WFS. This data is stored
> in MapInfo MAP TAB files and is encoded in ISO-8859-1. I'd like
> MapServer WFS to generate an UTF-8 encoded GML file. I tried to use
> "wfs_encoding" "UTF-8" in my mapfile but it looks like MapServer just
> changes the <xml> encoding attribute without actually converting the
> data (from ISO-8859-1 to UTF-8). Is there a way to ask MapServer to
> actually perform that data conversion?

You're right that "wfs_encoding" only sets the XML header and does not
do any conversion of the attribute values. There is currently no way to
ask MapServer to automatially convert from one encoding to the other
when outputting GML.

The only place where encoding conversions are currently supported is in
rendering of labels on a map if you specify the LABEL ENCODING parameter.

Daniel
--
Daniel Morissette
http://www.mapgears.com/