Bbox in GetCapabilies for PostGIS layer

Thu Oct 25 15:54:26 EDT 2007

The postgis implementation in MapServer may not support reading the real
data extents automatically (I just don't know), but you should be able
to set the ows_extent metadata in your layer to tell MapServer which
extents to use for the BoundingBox in capabilities. By default if
ows_extent is not specified then MapServer tries to get the extents from
PostGIS and it seems that it returns something that's way larger than
the actual data.

Daniel

--
Daniel Morissette