Mapserver installing error: libgdal.so.1

Mirko Zucchetto mirko.zucchetto at GMAIL.COM
Mon Oct 29 09:36:41 EDT 2007

Hi, I'm going to install Mapserver using this document.
I repeat step by step the instructions and comments, but at the end I
have this error message when I test it:

mirko:/usr/local/apache2/cgi-bin# /usr/local/apache2/cgi-bin/mapserv
/usr/local/apache2/cgi-bin/mapserv: error while loading shared
libraries: libgdal.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file
or directory
mirko:/usr/local/apache2/cgi-bin#

i try to run ldconfig after install gdal and mapserver...

My system on Debian Etch:
-httpd-2.2.6
-postgresql-8.2.5
-php-5.2.4