Raster layer - Howto?

Pascal Ehlert dadark at DADARK.DE
Wed Oct 31 17:28:16 EDT 2007

On 31.10.2007, at 22:19, Gregor Mosheh wrote:

> Pascal Ehlert wrote:
>> I'm sure I'm interpreting this correctly, but doesn't it mean it's
>> a geotiff already?
>
> It indicates to me that it is not georeferenced. See how the
> coordinates are the same size as the image, and the coordinate
> system is blank? I've worked with these before... :)

Sorry, I forgot a word there ;-)
I meant "I'm _not_ sure" of course. Was just a little confused
because he said Driver: "GTiff/GeoTIFF".

> I don't have a world file handy at the moment, but it only took me
> about 5 minutes to learn it for the first time. Name the worldfile
> land_shallow_topo_8192.tfw and gdalinfo will automagically detect
> it and suddenly change its tone. :)

That sounds great, I'm sure I'll be able to figure out how to do this.

Thank you very much for your help and
Happy Halloween (if you should be from a country where they celebrate
it)!

Pascal