Getting Blank Image : New User

Gregor Mosheh gregor at HOSTGIS.COM
Mon Sep 3 10:22:18 EDT 2007

cool frenz wrote:
> I am a new user of mapserver. I am trying to view the available shape
> file using php mapscript. I have created a simple map file for the
> same.But on running it through browser i am getting a completely blank
> image as output. Please help.

Nine times out of ten, a blank image means that your projections don't
line up. I notice in your sample that you don't specify a projection for
the output map, nor for the layer; though you do specify a extent in meters.

I'd recommend adding a PROJECTION block to both the top level (the MAP
block) and to the LAYER, for starters.

--
Gregor Mosheh / Greg Allensworth
System Administrator, HostGIS cartographic development & hosting services

  only if you can restore." - AMANDA