java mapscript, method pointObj.project

Ludovico Bianchini metlud at YAHOO.IT
Wed Sep 5 09:48:00 EDT 2007

Hi Oliver,
thanks for the reply and for including the mailing
list, I excluded it not intentionally.

I've deployed ms4w (I'm working on Windows XP Home
Edition), so I think that the only
place with epsg file is C:\ms4w\proj\nad.
Now I'm working with a canonical installation of
Apache, php and mapscript (I've copied
php_mapscript.dll in ext folder of php installation).
(Note: I have not delete C:\ms4w folder and
subfolders).
To work with mapserver in Java (jdk1.6.0_02) I've
copied mapscript.jar in
C:\Programmi\Java\jdk1.6.0_02\jre\lib and
mapscript.dll in
C:\Programmi\Java\jdk1.6.0_02\jre\bin,
then import the library in NetBeans IDE.

I've executed depends.exe (a tool to examine dll
dependencies of a exetutable) on mapscript.dll and the
result is

DWMAPI.DLL
EFSADU.DLL
c:\windows\system32\SHLWAPI.DLL
c:\windows\system32\MPR.DLL
\ms4w\apache\cgi-bin\CFITSIO.DLL
\ms4w\apache\cgi-bin\GDAL14.DLL
\ms4w\apache\cgi-bin\GEOS_C.DLL
\ms4w\apache\cgi-bin\GEOTIFF.DLL
\ms4w\apache\cgi-bin\HDF5DLL.DLL
\ms4w\apache\cgi-bin\ICONV.DLL
\ms4w\apache\cgi-bin\LIBCURL.DLL
\ms4w\apache\cgi-bin\LIBEAY32.DLL
\ms4w\apache\cgi-bin\LIBECWJ2.DLL
\ms4w\apache\cgi-bin\LIBFCGI.DLL
\ms4w\apache\cgi-bin\LIBMAP.DLL
\ms4w\apache\cgi-bin\LIBMYSQL.DLL
\ms4w\apache\cgi-bin\LIBPQ.DLL
\ms4w\apache\cgi-bin\LIBTIFF.DLL
\ms4w\apache\cgi-bin\LIBXML2.DLL
\ms4w\apache\cgi-bin\LTI_DSDK_DLL.DLL
\ms4w\apache\cgi-bin\NETCDF.DLL
\ms4w\apache\cgi-bin\PDFLIB.DLL
\ms4w\apache\cgi-bin\PROJ.DLL
\ms4w\apache\cgi-bin\SQLITE3.DLL
\ms4w\apache\cgi-bin\SSLEAY32.DLL
\ms4w\apache\cgi-bin\SZLIBDLL.DLL
\ms4w\apache\cgi-bin\XERCES-C_2_7.DLL
\ms4w\apache\cgi-bin\ZLIB1.DLL
and many other windows dll located in
C:\windows\system32\

In the system PostgreSQL/PostGIS is running too, but I
don't think that proj library use resource
of the dbms...

It's all.

PS: actually I have solved the problem writing a
stored procedure in postgresql/postgis to convert
the coordinates
CREATE OR REPLACE FUNCTION get3003("varchar")
  RETURNS text AS
$BODY$
BEGIN
return astext(transform(geomfromtext('POINT(' || $1 ||
')', 4326), 3003));
END
$BODY$
  LANGUAGE 'plpgsql' IMMUTABLE;

Bye,
Ludovico

http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/docs/error/proj-init-file
> >> best regards,
> >> Oliver

> >> 'init'

edu.umn.gis.mapscript.mapscriptJNI.new_projectionObj(Native

edu.umn.gis.mapscript.projectionObj.<init>(projectionObj.java:41)