No subject

Fawcett, David David.Fawcett at STATE.MN.US
Fri Sep 7 10:35:09 EDT 2007

Chris,

I see two parts to this:

1.  To get your map file properly set up

2.  To confirm that your image is properly georeferenced.

For the map file:

Have you looked at the Raster Data HowTo?  http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/docs/howto/raster_data  This should give you some simple examples.

You shouldn't actually need projection blocks unless you are combining data from different projections or serving the data up as a WMS.  If you do need to use projections, and your data is in UTM Zone 16, using the epsg definition that I
sent in the last email will make it easier.

Get rid of the EXTENT line in your LAYER, I don't believe that this property exists.

Set your LAYER STATUS to DEFAULT.

Get rid of the CLASS block in your LAYER.

For the image, run gdalinfo on it and see if the georeferencing information is correct.  You can get gdalinfo at http://www.gdal.org/

David.