colorrange?

Fri Sep 7 10:55:07 EDT 2007

Gregor Mosheh wrote:
> Hey, neat colorrange. I see this in the source for 4.10 and 5.0, but
> don't see it in the documentation. Has Mapserver secretly supported
> automagically pulling colors from a range based on data?

This was some experimental code that was added, I don't think Bill Binko
has been available to continue the development (I might be wrong on
that), so there it sits for the time being.

http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/development/rfc/ms-rfc-6/

> If so,
> a) Is a linear equal-interval method used for picking the color? Just a
> linear interpolation of the value versus range to pick the color from
> colorrange?
>
> b) Does it support quantile selection as well, weighting the color based
> on the frequency of the values in the dataset?
>
> c) Should I open a documentation bug, since this isn't mentioned?

It only supports simple linear interpertation IIRC.
I think there needs to be some discussion as to what level of support
there is for this feature. If it is still experimental and not
supported, then it does not need a doc bug.

-Steve W