I installed MapServer and the Apache Web Server

Rahkonen Jukka Jukka.Rahkonen at MMMTIKE.FI
Fri Sep 7 12:24:28 EDT 2007

Hi,

When it comes to your first problem, starting Apache, if you first open a Windows command window and start httpd.exe from there you will have more time to read the error messages which perhaps appear on the screen.

-Jukka Rahkonen-

-----Original Message-----
From: UMN MapServer Users List on behalf of Solomon, Scott
Sent: Fri 7.9.2007 18:57
To: MAPSERVER-USERS at LISTS.UMN.EDU
Subject: [UMN_MAPSERVER-USERS] I installed MapServer and the Apache Web Server

I installed MapServer and the Apache Web Server.  The attached pics show
that.  When I manually start Apache each time, by clicking on
/ms4w/Apache/bin/httpd.exe the empty DOS window opens, but just for a
split second and disappears.  It appears just along enough that I could
grab a screen capture of it:

But it either closes automatically, or runs in the background, so how
would I be able to close it?

Most importantly, I went to request a map image directly from MapServer
through both Internet Explorer and Mozilla Firefox.  Should I see a
MapServer toolbar with a button that says "Request Map" or something
along those lines in the browser window?  Right now I don't, which leads
me to believe I installed MapServer unsuccessfully.

What should I be looking for?

Scott Solomon

Data Mining Analyst

Arlington Center